Online Registration is now closed – New registrations can occur on FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2019.
- Any questions Please contact the Bea Fisher Centre at 780.875.3633.
Thanks for your support. We look forward to seeing you September 6th at Bud Miller Park!
The Color Within is a 5K fundraiser Walk/Run for all ages. You’ll start off with your own The Color Within white t-shirt and throughout your walk or run we’ll coat you with color bombs of blue, green, pink, orange and yellow. Each section of the run adds a new explosion of color until you cross the finish line!
When: Friday, September 6th @ 6:30 pm. Registration starts at 5:30 pm
Where: Bud Miller Park Picnic Shelter. Open race map here.
The color powder is just colored cornstarch!
What is the cost?
|No change from 2018. The prices for 2019 are:|
|Youth (10 & Under)||$10 (Includes T-shirt and snacks)|
|Youth (10 & Under)||Free (Without T-shirt and snacks)|
What are we raising funds for?
This year’s Run kicks off our efforts to raise $250,000 for repairs and improvements to our network of group homes in Lloydminster, homes like Avry’s who is pictured here. More major events are being planned in support of this goal. Be watching for details!
Gathering pledges also helps get us closer to our goal. Prizes will be awarded for highest pledges received. Find the pledge form here. Please bring your pledge form, along with donations, to the sign in desk on race day.
How do I register?
REGISTER SOON TO GUARANTEE YOURSELF A COLOR RUN T-SHIRT!! Click on the Register tab above to access our secure online registration and pay with PayPal. One t-shirt is included with each registration (adult sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL & youth sizes: S, M, L). If you do not wish to receive a t-shirt, please select “No Shirt”.
You can also register at the event prior to the race, but we can’t guarantee a t-shirt for any registrations at that time.
Do I have to sign a waiver?
Once you click register, you will be asked to electronically sign the waiver. If you register day of the race, you will need to sign a waiver when you arrive at the registration desk.
What do I get with my registration?
- White T-shirt – You can wear the shirt on race day, or save to wear later.
- Your own package of color
- Food treats at the finish line.
- Pledge Sheet – Prizes will be awarded for the participants with the highest pledge amounts. Please find the pledge form here.
I’m not interested in doing the run but still want to get involved. Can I volunteer?
What happens at the start line?
Just prior to the start, everyone will grab their color bomb and you’ll get your own chance to color whoever you want! Let’s celebrate the color within us all!
How do I get clean?
We recommend plain old soap and water, along with some perseverance. The color may stain clothing and shoes but most of it will come out in the wash. If you’re concerned, wear something you’re not afraid to get a little colored!
How do I preserve the color in my t-shirt after the race?
Spray your shirt with vinegar, then iron it before washing.
- We recommend wearing old sunglasses or goggles to protect your eyes from the color, but they are not necessary. Sunglasses are available for purchase at the event.
- If you bring your phone or camera, cover it in a plastic bag.
- Bring a towel to sit on after so you don’t get color on your car seat.
- Wear white!
- Wash your clothes and shower as soon as possible after the race.
- If you have recently dyed your hair a light color, be sure to protect it with a hat (freshly dyed hair means the cuticles of the hair are still open and absorb color easily).
Special thanks to our amazing sponsors…
- Lloydminster Plumbing and Heating
- Servus Credit Union
- Gryphon Benefits
Color and Water Station Sponsors:
- Bexson Construction
- Cansafe Safety Services
- Integra Engineering
- Lloydminster Co-op
- Musgrave Agencies
- Stingray (formerly Newcap Broadcasting)
- Synergy Credit Union
- WLS Wilkinson Livingston Stevens LLP Chartered Accountants
Gifts in Kind / Bea Fisher Heroes:
- First Class Entertainment
- Flying Photos Photography
- Meridian Source
- Ram Printing and Promotions
- The Tent Guys
…and to the many individuals and businesses who have volunteered their time, energy and enthusiasm to help put on this event!